Sgt Robert's efforts to promote education


Sgt Robert in his support for education he yesterday decided to spend his day visiting various schools around Kigali to encourage students and pupils to stay in school .When I asked Sgt Robert why he took the initiative he said; I believe that studying and reading is Knowledge so I am encouraging them to stay in school and to get interest in not only studying but increasing their knowledge through reading and writing; I thank parents for their courage to make their children stay in schools and love studying but I encourage them to make sure they support them to read and write at an early age. We have to remember that an empty mind is an empty nation.
There is nothing else we can give our kids as a heritage; “education is the key to unlocking the door that will eradicate poverty.”
- Desmond Tutu
Through his music he would like to support vulnerable children to get education and he believes he can actually change the world supporting education for the young ones who are the future.
Sgt Robert Kabera is a Rwandan by nationality born and raised in Uganda, known of his talent in composing Rwandan songs mostly in Swahili. Sgt Robert Kabera is a Raga diva pursuing his solo career and part timing with Army Jazz band; in his own words; I developed my talent during my service in the military as an instructor and I developed my first song “Uezo Tunao” in 1999 and I was happy to see the first product of my voice and talent; It was however challenging as it motivated me to come out and do more music.

He is not the kind of soldier you are familiar with considering his passions and ambitions; he is known for his liberation songs and he is launching his new album in July 2010;KAMA JESHI". I BET YOU NEED TO MEET HIM!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rwanda is not free, what do you think?