Monday Learning – Lessons from a taxi driver

This morning, I leant the biggest lesson of my life. The one that most probably I couldn’t learn from my pastors preaching, the many books I have read. Yes I have heard about customer care and good attitude towards your customer, employee or even strangers you meet every day but not until this driver taught me the lesson for life. Well, he is the new cab driver for my children, he comes this morning to pick them, and I decided to stand in my tainted window and watch the children get out of the gate. Now a couple of days ago, I had heard a comment from my daughter who is normally very critical on judging character traits. She is very observant and we sometimes fear to relate with her intellect of people judgment. Mum, this driver is a good one. I dint really consider it till this morning. The driver came and packed his car at the gate, hooted for once or twice and got out of the car and came out, stood at the door of the gate. See how he welcomes them, he first sent his greetings to each one of them, good morning, how are you and how is your morning? Welcome to the car, those were his words. And you should see the smiles, the happiness and courage in the faces of everyone from the youngest to the oldest. You know I have all ages, teen, pre-teen and toddlers but their faces just shone. Now, I sat on my bed and began to imagine, how many times I enter the office, house and anywhere and I don’t remember to even say good morning, good afternoon, good evening and the likes, really it doesn’t cost me much, it creates a free entry to the heart of the one you are talking too and maybe a medicine to a broken heart in a way that you don’t understand. Robin sharma says that mindset is not as important as heart set, now I agree with him, you can serve and shine someone’s face by giving quality and heartfelt service. I have to apologize I have been caught up by the habit of being busy in meditation and sometimes I don’t even know someone is next to me. It’s amazing how everyone and every day is a teacher and you can learn if you want. Indeed a good service is more than a good product.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LIVING BY FAITH

Rwanda is not free, what do you think?