I am out of Kigali


Dear friends,

I am now sitted in a friends apartment in Seattle;one of the coolest places of USA, it is very cold now and I am almost freezing compared to the climate that I have been familiar with since I was born.

I arrived in the evening of wednesday after a 6 hour flight from Tampa Florida where I had camped for 8 days.

In this city, everything is very beautiful considering the beauty of Pacific ocean and this is the westcoast in geography for those who are poor in geography like me.

I would love to bring you back to my month journey and share with you the experience of my journey.

I arrived in the USA, on the 29th of March at Dallas International Airport with Ethiopian Airlines flight that had took a 36 hours to destination.

The first welcome note I saw at the airport was a video that actually welcomes everybody to the USA and one word I picked from htere was make sure there are no food stuffs, medicines and lotions in your bag. I didnt have any but I had packed a bag rwdana coffee as many people who had known my journey had been singing of bringing coffee, unfortunately arriving in the baggage station, I didnt see my bag that had the most beautiful rwandan art and coffee was not there, when I asked they gave papaers that claim luggages but up today I have never seen anything concerning my bag.

Getting out of the laggage claim, I immidiately found two beautiful ladies with there aunt with a flower welcome, we are happy you are here. All was hugging and some of them crying and you imagine who were those people; Elizabeth Davis, Mary Paton and their aunt Kim who had come from washington DC to pick me at the airport.
as we were getting out of the airport,my first surprise was the trees that had the white flowers like Utunyange; cool her, for those who dont understand Kinyarwanda kibalume.

I got to this apartment where my girlfriend Elizabeth lives and she immediately gave me tea as she constantly says I am excited that you are here; I cannt believe it; but be prepared for work.

I had no problem with work but for sure It was work waiting for me; Immidiately she took me to her office where I met a couple of her friends and we stayed there for a good couple of hours the we went back home but I was almost freezing; it was cold and she was just laughing at me because she was familiar with the climate.
That was my first day in the streets of Washington DC , I had alot of work that night and I couldnt get a sleep because it was so called and I was tired that I would not get a sleep.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rwanda is not free, what do you think?